Building Excellence: Matica Bio Welcomes Four Life Sciences Visionaries as Members of Advisory Board
- Gerard Fleury, Carson Sublett, Charlene Banard, and Evan Greger will help accelerate the elevation of Matica Bio’s Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing, Operations, and Business Strategy.
College Station, Texas – Matica Biotechnology, Inc. (Matica Bio), a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) specializing in the GMP production of cell and gene therapies (CGTs), today announced the appointment of four experienced leaders in biotechnology and the life sciences to its board of advisors: Carson Sublett, Gerard Fleury, Charlene Banard, and Evan Greger.
As the cardinal members of Matica Bio’s first formal advisory board, these appointments will provide strategic oversight as the company seeks to execute the development, scale-up, and production of CGTs at its purpose-built GMP facility in Texas. Combined with Matica Bio’s bespoke approach to CGT manufacturing – enabled by a 100 percent fully closed, single-use platform and industry-leading analytical capabilities – the incoming leadership of this newly established advisory board will further empower the company to meet the growing demand for CGT manufacturing expertise.
“Matica Bio is thrilled to introduce the inaugural members of our newly formed Board of Advisors,” said Yun Jeong Song, M.D., president and chief executive officer of Matica Bio. “Through their extensive biomanufacturing experience and their unique expertise in diverse fields, the advisors will enhance the technical excellence of our in-house team. This synergy positions us to collaborate effectively with CGT developers, forging a path towards life-saving medicines and delivering greater client success.”
Each of Matica Bio’s new board members will assume advisory roles in their respective areas of expertise to advance the company’s position within the CGT manufacturing industry:
- Carson Sublett, business operations advisor: Sublett has led business operations for one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, GalaxoSmithKline, and some of the industry’s leading CDMOs. He will guide Matica Bio’s business strategy as business operations advisor.
- Charlene Banard, quality and regulatory expert: Banard, who has driven the growth of innovative technology platforms and lifecycle strategy and operations at companies including Novartis, Shire, and Gilead, will assume the role of quality and regulatory expert.
- Evan Greger, technical operations and product development specialist: Greger, whose professional track record includes successful end-to-end biologic and CGT value generation, development, and commercialization at biotechnology companies including Novartis and Amgen, will be the board’s technical operations and product development specialist.
- Gerard Fleury, financial strategist: Fleurywill apply his more than 30 years’ experience in CDMO focused corporate leadership – guiding companies through various business cycles including start-up, growth, hyper growth, optimization, and turnaround – as the board’s financial strategist.
The formation of Matica Bio’s board of advisors comes shortly after the hiring of Laura Parks as head of Commercial Operations and Heather N. Sugrue as vice president of Sales. Earlier this year, Matica Bio launched MatiMax, a proprietary HEK293 cell line platform that can accelerate CGT development for biotech companies with enhanced speed and superior quality.
About Matica Biotechnology, Inc.
Matica Biotechnology, Inc. (Matica Bio) is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) specializing in fully integrated cell and gene therapy manufacturing. The industry-leading experts at our state-of-the-art facility in College Station, Texas, deliver breakthrough therapies rapidly and safely through innovative manufacturing solutions. Advance your therapy from idea to patient with the experts at Matica Bio. Visit www.maticabio.com.
카카오톡 채널 추가
차바이오그룹이 전하는 산업, 비즈니스,
트렌드 등 다양한 이야기를 만날 수 있습니다.